Thursday, February 6, 2020

Missing World War II Draft Card

Draft registration cards for younger men have been published at FamilySearch. You can view them from home. There is no index yet.

Fold3 already published and indexed this set for New York and New Jersey.

I am still searching for George D Russell. He enlisted in the Army in May 1943 in Queens, New York. I do not have his full date of birth or the names of his parents.




Using the signature from George's final payment voucher, I viewed the draft cards for Russells in New York City.



There were several men named George Russell, but none of their signatures seemed to match.



Possible reasons why I cannot seem to find the corresponding draft card:
-I missed it
-He did not register
-He registered under a different name
-The card was lost, misfiled, or not filmed
-He was not living in New York or New Jersey when he filled out his draft card.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment