In case you have not heard, 23andMe and drastically lowered the price of a DNA testing kit from $299 to $99. There is no subscription fee. I do not know how long this price will last.
This test is for autosomal DNA, which seeks to identify the pieces of DNA you carry from all of your ancestral lines.
I have several people in mind that I wish to test. The key to successful use of these DNA testing sites is to test family members from different branches of your tree. To date, I have tested myself, both parents, my mother's brother, and two of my father's cousins. Coincidentally, both of my father's cousins matched my maternal side- one to my mother and the other to her brother.
Hope that I am able to find a part-time job to cover the costs.
Also, please bear with me. I am using a new computer with Windows 8. Very confusing at present.
- Surnames and Locations of My GGG Grandparents
- DURYEA New Jersey Births
- DURYEA New Jersey Marriages
- DURYEA New Jersey Deaths
- DURYEA New York State Marriage Index
- DURYEA New York State Death Index 1881-1950
- Pictures by Clifford Lutter 1930s-1960s New Jersey
- ODonnell- New Jersey Records
- Hit or Miss Records
- DNA Comparisons
- Genealogy Humor