Monday, December 25, 2017

Microscopic View of Irish Origins

Some additional insight into the place of origin in Ireland of my Sheehy and Frawley ancestors. We have come a long way from merely stating Ireland.

Bridget Sheehy (1857-1916), my great great grandmother, was baptized in Lurriga (also called Patrickswell), in Limerick in 1857.

The baptismal record of two potential siblings are on the same microfilm roll as Bridget, except that Ancestry.com calls the place Clarina.

My (probable) cousin in Ireland helped clarify for me that my family was actually from Corcamore and that all these places are within a larger area called Clarina. He also assured me that Irish ways of designating and naming places are confusing.

Clarina, Kilkeedy, Pubblebrien, Limerick, Ireland.
Is that how I should write this?



Location of Corcamore within Clarina.
Any Sheehy and Frawley cousins still living there?



Corcamore is only about two square miles. It would be great to find additional records, if any exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment