Sunday, June 3, 2018

Enhanced Photographs

This tip is from a FaceBook group for New York City Genealogy. (Great resources for research are on FaceBook.)

FamilySearch.org may have better versions of passport photographs than Ancestry.com's database, so check it out. Sometimes these pictures are the only available images of a deceased relative.

In the example below, the image on the right is a passport photo of Eugene Totten Bishop from Ancestry. The application was signed in 1918. On the left is the same image from Family Search, revealing more detail.

Eugene Totten Bishop (1876-1936) was my father's great granduncle.
He was born in Newark, New Jersey to William Reuben Bishop and Susan Jane Marsh.
I have not found a marriage or children for him.
He died in Newark and is buried at Evergreen Cemetery in Hillside, New Jersey.

Eugene resembles a man in a Bishop photo album I acquired from eBay years ago. I do not know if this is my family or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment