Who is Katherine Powers? I do not know. I have asked living family members (usually a good place to start). Nobody knows. "Maybe a neighbor," was one reply. On my next trip to Jersey City, I will have to look for an obituary. I don't know if Powers was her married name. None of the Katherine Powers in the 1930 census stand out as a good match. Why was this funeral card kept, while other important documents did not survive? I will eventually find out.
- Surnames and Locations of My GGG Grandparents
- DURYEA New Jersey Births
- DURYEA New Jersey Marriages
- DURYEA New Jersey Deaths
- DURYEA New York State Marriage Index
- DURYEA New York State Death Index 1881-1950
- Pictures by Clifford Lutter 1930s-1960s New Jersey
- ODonnell- New Jersey Records
- Hit or Miss Records
- DNA Comparisons
- Genealogy Humor
- Consulting Services
Friday, October 22, 2010
A bundle of papers kept by an older relative could be a treasure chest. I have a few items from past generations. One is a funeral card for Katherine Powers, died 22 September 1952. The funeral home was M. J. Corrigan of Jersey City.